FMES gets a facelift!

remembering Falcon Memorial Elementary School...
to recall probably the most enjoyable time of your life—childhood.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

FMES gets a facelift!

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

No, not from Belo or Calayan, but from teachers, parents, and students themselves.

Tago District has recently hosted DepEd's regional management committee meeting and each and
every school was given a make over.

The pictures below don't get more recent as they were taken at late afternoon on 30 September 2007.

the principal's office, located beside the main entrance.

in the 70s, the area fronting the flag pole now used to be grades I and II classrooms. it's now converted
into a sort of mini "stand-by" area.

a better view of where Grades I and II classrooms stood in the 70s.

the view from the stage.

new building to the right of the stage, towards the east side where "catmons" once stood.
Last edited by kampanaryo_spy on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

lay-ob
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

FMES

Unread post by lay-ob »

Salamat K_spy for all your hard work with your sparing partner, Bonsal, for keeping us updated about our pinalanggang Tago.

FMES, my alma mater too, is very neat and clean, and ... very inspiring to visit. magana sud-ongon. hello to: mrs. c. acevedo, ms. pilapil (formerly sorry uno adton apelyedo mo na kuman, pasaylo-ahi gayud kay wara ako kadumdum), mana paulit, belen montenegro(?), (my komare) and everybody there in FMES. pagamingaw lang ako sanan yakadumdum lang ako nan ako kabantan-unan, pero lahii na sa ini kuman, very modern na sa. wara na an principal's bldg. na staring permi kada commencement excercises, na ad-on ako maghapahapa manguha nan baboy-baboy ... sanan mag-tuhog-tuhogan nan lastiko nan ako mga klasmayts sanan mangi ..... HI! kay halayo na sa an kompisalan tapos kasagbuti isab naadto, hadluki ako basin arangi an HAS sanan ... bakamo dakan, pero that was then. Salamati K_spy. Pitik mingaw lang ako .... [-(
"FAITH is daring the soul - to see what the eyes can not see"

kampanaryo_spy

lay-ob,

i had a nice surprise yesterday when i took the pictures of my alma mater at early dusk. really now, FMES was given a real make-over!

sayang yadton Gabaldon Building. Gabaldon Building was the Grade Six building where the bell hung and where graduation pictures were taken as a matter of tradition. It was named after the architect who designed it with Malacanang as the model. There are no more than 20 Gabaldon Buildings all over the country that are still standing.

Three years or so ago, the Heritage Foundation embarked on a restoration project of Gabaldon Buildings. Budget was pegged at one million per. Cynthia Orozco-Acevedo, then FMES principal, had read about this project in the Philippine Daily Inquirer through the column of Mr. Augusto Villalon. Cynthia went to my office and asked me to email Mr. Villalon. I did. Two hours later, Mr. Villalon emailed back. The plan, according to Mr. Villalon, was to restore the dilapidated Gabaldon Building and convert it into a museum.

I don't know what happened after that because the next thing I learned, FMES's Gabaldon Building was demolished.

Well, so much about preserving all things past.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy,

Thanks... ipakita ko ini sa mga bata silom (adto turog na paga martial law ko kay lisodi pokawon kon buntag)

Grade 6 - Amo pakay yadto an amo building nan grade 6 kami. Sakto kaw kay didto an amo graduation picture sa stairs nan yadto.

K-Spy, si Marille ba basin yaon pan iya copy nan amo graduation picture busli taraw para ka kit-an ta utro an building Circa '72 B&W yadto. An ako kopya kay yanga paklis san amo mga bayho. ](*,)

Thanks for sharing the pictures of our old utopia K-Spy
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

atat
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by atat »

hi! k-spy, an gabaldon building kuman paga himo na nan community garden... yaon da an concrete stairs, flowering plants an paga butang astan sibuyas... mataba i kay na mga sibuyas kay nan min agi na adlaw ga harvest si 'tie bb zinia curada kay maga tuwa sya.... yaon da an bell (bang-banganan) sa luyo nan office ni mam ephine pero minlambo na gayud kuman an FMES kay an ila bell electric buzzer na... basta nan bag o pa ma instalar an buzzer pag hikug-an intawon an mga bata... an tubig pressurized na... tanan classrooms may CR ug lavatory... yaoy na isab ila computer laboratory donated by the LGU...

last sept. 4-6 an tago district ga host nan MANCOM an FMES an billeting quarters of 130 participants from entire province... of the 27 schools nan tago district 14 schools an paga make over kay bisitahan nan mga participants...

kspy, an Mga Bayani ng Pilipinas Elem. School(BUNGTOD) gwapahi na sa isab... an ila kurtina/valances sa mga classrooms uniform... ganahan ako nan ila pintal kay green...
" The POWER is in your HEAD."

kampanaryo_spy

at,

lipayi balitaw ako pag pangodak ko kay at least yahimusay nan alma mater ko. sa una haw election na gani, ay ay kumuton gayud an kasing-kasing ko kay pagka saguruti adto nan Falcon.

haraw ma mintenar yaon.

atat
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by atat »

kspy, kaina i informed mam ephine na ga post kaw nan pix nganhi... laong nya haraw/kisera knu may makadumdum na alumna/alumnus na tabanganay an iya alma mater...

an ila kuman priority na project an paghimo na guard house... yaoy na ila security guard sukad nan lunes... laong pa nan mga bata mam istriktuhi taraw an "bodyguard" na gabantay sa gate.... :) :) :)
" The POWER is in your HEAD."